Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Excerpt from my book


Continuity
Life takes me around
up and down, I'm hardly ever on the ground
I'm inconclusively sky bound
I see clouds and now my mind is found
A life hound
But in life I drown
I'm consumed in consumption
And materials begin erruptin'
I'm stuck
Outta luck
I'm like the devil's sittin duck
Temptations have officially errupted
and now my creative has been corrupted.
Flashing lights
highlight all the days and all my ex-nights
Not yet dead...my life fights
And in blankness, I surrender all my rights
I hope I'm right and not wrong
Finally the ending ripple of the gong
And so long
I'm gone
Now my past sets the tone,
and this is home.....
My heart replays its beat as a harp
My brain has splattered art across a blank canvas tarp
But where am I looking and listening from?
Everything in life is numb
have I reached Kingdom Come?
And will I pass my arraignment?
Now I realize that I lost the 'me' Earthly Containment
My body was its vessel
And it can no longer be nestled,
At life, I no longer have to wrestle.
Could it be that I'm asleep dreamin' in bed,
or am I actually dead?
I hope that there was value in the things that 'human me' said....
..............................................
It happens every time I begin to start.
Just as you think I've lost it and fallen apart,
You realize that I was just giving you art.
And that each piece, is a true frame of my heart.

This is a passion that I cannot simply pitch
God has blessed me with this insensitive niche
I can't put the brush down, I have to scratch at its itch

And as I speak of thee
I hope that He's the one that speaks through me
As I lose myself, He maintains
continuity
I pray that when the world writes me off, He still has everything to do with me.

I've poured my life into each vision,
and if you've read this, and saw that....I've completed my mission!
Thank You God, for life and art.

~Jacey Starr

***********************************************

Is the character dead?
or is the character projecting her life into her artwork, and praying that when she loses herself, God is the one controling the 'continuity'?

~Jacey Starr