Tuesday, August 12, 2014

truth bound

Truth Bound

Miseducation, hovering dumb over what I know...
Wrist steady shakin', not sure of where this writin' will go
Still suffering, I'm recovering from a damaging blow.

I hope that where I am misunderstood,
where if I wanted to fit in I would....
it shows that I did all that I could...

to lay in my own bed, instead of lie in a place where fear is faithfully fed.

Not being sure of me...we're paused at a hault,
where that last contusion had my vision clouded in your head and heavy on my heart.

And that bare obscurity...has caused a default,
of mass confusion in what was written, bounded and read to be torn apart.

Before being misled,
because originality was pronounced dead...
a listening to what it is that I actually said.


Taking a shot in the dark,
Attempting to conquer against odds, the travesties in which I embark.

.....My voice will still ring an honest hark.

~Jacey Starr